Monday, October 23, 2006

Storm'n Up A Dock Party

Last week, some of my fabulous lake neighbors held a big fun Dock Party.

The morning started out like this.

Right Before Lake Storm


Then this happened. Let me tell you, there is nothing like the smell of the desert after a thunder storm. My most favorite smell on the planet!!!

Lake Storm


The skies opened up and rained on us!!! Then stopped.

What Luna Does At The Lake


And then, after set up and LOTS of yummy "Cosmopolitans" with Fab Hostess Jan, the following story in pictures and words happened:

Larry & Roberta


Larry is one of my dearest friends and Roberta is my cousin Stewart's girlfriend. Roberta and I sang a lot. Especially one song..... a lot. I think it was American Pie, but I can't remember. Jan kept filling up my drink.

Roger & Friends


Roger is Jan's husband. He can captain any boat in the world I think.

I Think This Is Jeff, But We KNOW The Other Face


I don't know this man, but Luna sure seems to be in love.

Cute Dog


How cute is this dog?

More Of Cute Dog


Notice the dog ear on the left edge of the frame. What are they looking at? I don't know.

Luna & Chris


Chris owns the sailboat next to mine. I always tell Luna that Chris is her Aunt. Luna spends lots of time on Chris' boat. I think Chris sneaks her treats. Human food. Aunt Chris. Luna loves her Aunt Chris.

Don't Know & Lynn


Don't know and my house boat neighbor, Lynn. She makes 'garlic pretzels' that are to die for.

Roberta & Luna


Luna putting some serious loving on Roberta.

Don & Roxy


Roxy and Don, husband of Lynn, my wonderful houseboat neighbors.

Fun Roger


Roger has the best laugh. Right from the heart.

Chris


I think that is Chris' 'you're full of shit' look. Is she looking at me?

Jeff (??) & Wife, Owned by Cute Dog


Fabulous Jan, Party Hostess


Here's Jan, of 'Cosmopolitan' fame. She makes these fabulous drinks that make me very happy!! Boomer is so fluffy!! Good thing I didn't spill anything on him...look at that pearly coat!!

Neighbor & Larry


The food tent. Jan put up a food tent. I'm telling ya, there is not a food slouch on this dock.

Larry & Lynn


I think Larry and Lynn are yumming up some 'Texas Pizza.' I think it's cherries, whip creme on some flat sweet bread. I can't remember, I was drinking those fun Cosmopolitans!!!!

Luna


What she's stalking, I don't know.

Chris Singing


Here's Chris singing Amazing Grace. Believe me, Chris can sing.

Kathy, Dee & Luna


More dock neighbors. Luna loves Kathy too. And Kathy's dogs, Luke and Westley.

Roger & Boomer


And then, the next day......no hangover! Watched the sun come up!!

Dawn


Incredible pinks, purples and blues. And the desert smell of sage and sand.

Luna & Chris


Luna and Aunt Chris out for a row.

Aunt Chris & Luna


That's all. A fun party was had by all!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger RVVagabond said...

After visiting the Florida Keys in 2002 Denny and I said we'd have to consider living in a houseboat and traveling the waterways by that method once we were ready to give up rving. I can see that this could be a good thing after your post.

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such fun - Luna certainly had a BALL! Thanks for sharing. x

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim & Luna! Just stopped by to see what you guys have been up to! Great pics as always. The water looks wonderful!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.