Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Feng Shui Of A Sunrise

Every morning I try to give thanks for everything I have in this life. And every morning, I am given a present from the universe. Some subtle, some not so subtle. Beauty abounds....

Sunrise on Lake Mead


Recently, my marina sold "C" dock to Las Vegas Bay Marina. The water levels were getting to low to keep it in our basin. I now have a full view of some of the lower basin of Lake Mead.

Some wind on the water


All that wind hustled in a wonderful rain storm for the day. Luna was in and out, in and out, of the boat when it wasn't doing this......

Rain thru my companionway window


In the distance the storm that just passed over us is visible.

Passing storm


Sometimes, I think the storms make the lake appear as if we're in Japan, somewhere in the mountains, somewhere else as opposed to being in the middle of the desert.

Asia? Fog? No....rain. Hard rain.


The storms blew and blew throughout the day.

Jan and Roger's Baja & Houseboat beneath the clouds


Mt. Fuji maybe?


Low clouds.


This is what she does all day when it rains. In this picture she's sleeping. Really. How cute is that?

What Luna does all day.


J.J. (the dog) and George (the man) reside on "A" dock. J.J. spins in circles between pictures. Waaaaayyyy to funny! George just sits.

J.J. & George


I think he's smiling!


And the next day Luna and I enjoy the warm weather and light winds during a peddle-boat adventure.

Bright sunshine


Chris has the boat in the slip next to me. Luna adores her and often spends time on Chris' boat. Doing what, I have no idea.

Luna & her Aunt Chris


A sad day. Feng Shui, a wonderful icon of sailing that has been present on Lake Mead for years, is pulled from the water. She was badly burned in a fire a few months ago. Recently sold, she is now on her way to Canada to be refurbished. The second crane sent out from Jake's' was able to get her out of the water. Wish I had been there to see that.

Feng Shui at the start of a very long trip.


Safe journey!


As they say on 'Hearts of Space,' "Safe journey, space fans."

Simply Recipe's "Creamy Shrimp & Broccoli Fettuccine"

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States,
unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
--Dave Barry (1947 - )

1 Comments:

Blogger RVVagabond said...

Sigh--only three of your pictures show up using Netscape, Firefox and IE7. And did I catch the gentle strains of a lovely guitar playing on IE7? Is it just me and my computer?

I love your picture posts so I'll check back again later.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.