Friday, February 16, 2007

Fits and Starts



It's always interesting how life seems to move in fits and starts. Though there definitely has been a flow in the last year of my life, I can't say there was much forward movement.

Then, things change... and I believe this current, somewhat drastic, change will be for the best. And, while scared and somewhat terrified, I am going to do what I have always wanted to do for my spiritual and financial freedom. I didn't make the move for the change, but am grateful for the decision as I probably would not have done so for at least a few more months.

I am blessed with good health, a warm bed, fabulous friends and a wonderful, if cluttered, roof over my head. I am ever grateful for being born in this space and time. This is an opportunity of consciousness that I chose and I feel I have much energy to share while in this wonderful body and mind.

I often feel as if there is something I am supposed to be doing, something that is not in the normal 'tick-tock' as Stuart Wilde says. But I don't always know what that is. I also know that often one must just take a step out into the universe without knowing where that next foot fall is. And that there must be faith and trust in those footfalls.

I have done that more times than I can ever count in scuba diving and cave diving. Prepare for the dive. Stand on the edge of a boat or river bank and know that the water is deep enough to not slam into the bottom. Or also know that it is 10,000 feet deep.

No matter. That first step off the edge is one of trust and belief that what lies 'below' is where I want to be. I have prepared for it to the best of my ability and have some knowledge of the physical details that I will immersing myself in. The growth in mental skills has been developed and expanded. Whether I am are starting out in a beginning class or now strapping on four tanks and three sets of everything else for a cave scenario, it is always that first same step.

At some point, you take one step and thus step into a moving universe of water, filled with life, colored with energy, dappled with stardust. You become one with the universe.

And whether by diving, laying in the grass with your dog, setting the trim on a sail to catch the winds of nature just right....whenever there is THAT immersion, THAT becoming one with what you are doing -- well, that is where the spiritual part of being human lives in a way that is physically felt and visible. A knowing of the soul. And I have always felt that way when I teach.

You know it when you feel it. You know it when you see it someone else. I have been there many times myself. I have done my best to teach others, that ..... that feeling, that knowledge.

In the past I did it as a scuba instructor. Diving was never just about diving for me. It was always a way to 'grow' as a human. 'Outer' spiritual growth. Take that step into the water. It is so much more than water. To me, diving or meditation. Both are expansions of the soul.

Now, I am going to teach that same first step. But this time, inner spiritual growth. Our inner being, where we live all the time. And yet give so little time too. I will help with that first step into the vast inner workings of the spirit. For others. I have prepared.

And so, I have to take my first step into that unknown....here goes.

A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.
-- Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can feel both the energy and the excitement. I can't wait for the "play" to actually begin.
Su Amigo Dean

4:21 PM  
Blogger RVVagabond said...

Wishing you great success and peace with your decision.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.