Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Brittle Bush



Brittle Bush I


Brittle Bush
Common Names: Incienso, White brittle bush
Genus: Encelia
Species: farinosa

The desert is starting to move into Spring and the 'Brittle Bush' at Lake Mead is in full bloom.

Last week we had temps in the high 80's. This week, 70's with wind. Spring in the southwest means WIND, wind and some more wind. Not always wind that can be used either. I mean, often it's just not 'sailing wind.' But at least it's not oh-so-cold like many places back east. I've been sleeping with my windows open and that is heaven!!

Last weekend on the boat it was almost too warm for about 2 minutes. Hehehhe. Roxy, my slip neighbor's dog, enjoyed the warmth of our soon to be fleeting Spring days.

Roxy On The Houseboat Patio


Things are coming along meditation-wise. My friend Chris loaned me some furniture and delivered it too!! I love my new space, it's very warm and should afford a good place to meditate. Later today, Kenny will help me move a table in. WOOT!!

Simply Recipes' "Smoked Paprika Roasted Chicken

"I am just going outside and may be some time."
-- Captain Lawrence Oates

2 Comments:

Blogger RVVagabond said...

Yesterday while sightseeing in Felicity, CA we were caught up in a turn-your-back-to-protect-yourself wind. Which also made it tough to geocache in the foothills where the footing is already unsteady on the loose rock.

Will there be pictures of the new meditation place?

7:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

OH, I'm so glad to see you posting more again. I've missed seeing Luna.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.