Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Houston, We Have A Short Row Heel!!!

I can NOT thank Mt.Mom enough for putting up these videos of how to do Short Row Heels.

Short Row Heels with YO, Part 1

Short Row Heels with YO, Part 2

Short Row Heels with YO, Part 3

For over a year (!!!!!!!!!!) I've been trying to learn how to do Short Row Heels (SRH)with the 'wrap & turn' method. It sucks. Or it just sucks when I'm trying to learn how to do it. I found Mt.Mom's videos showing how to do SRH's with YO's instead of wraps. Thought I'd give THAT a try. Plus, she took the time to do 3 video's showing how to start, do the heel, THEN get the last stitches BACK on the instep needle! This is HUGE people.

LOOK!!!





EKKKKKKK!!! SQUUUEEEEEEEE!!! A COMPLETED HEEL!!!

I bow down at Mt.Mom's feet. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Deborah (aka Mt. Mom) said...

Heavens, no bowing, please! :)
I'm just a knitter, like you. Well, a knitter with a Teen-Genius ds who knows a bit about video editing software.

I'm *so* glad the videos were helpful to you, especially after such a struggle! Your words are very kind, and I surely do appreciate them.

Thanks for posting the links! I enjoy making the videos, and when I hear of people learning from them it really is heartwarming. This style of heel -- there are so many -- comes from Priscilla Gibson-Roberts' book, Simple Socks: Plain and Fancy.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.