Thursday, March 23, 2006

Aubade

Aubade: a song greeting the dawn.

I did that this morning. Greeted the dawn. Though my idea of a 'morning' song might be weak to some. As it is me grumbling to the coffee pot with half-closed eyes. But it is a song nevertheless and I'm thankful to be singing it...especially after the first cup of java. I think I'll name my next boat that --- 'Aubade' (Alligator Face). No dangling participles here, no siree. Just lots of work. Which is nice, kinda of. It means tending to the incoming side of my finances. Good. Very good.

Except why does this always seem to happen when it's a fabulous 70* degrees out. Which only shows up for two weeks during the Spring and Fall here in Las Vegas. Otherwise, it's 120* and windy or 50* and windy. This past week we've had rain, snow, sleet, hail and 70*. Spring......I love it.

Just wish I could get to the boat more. But making money is good. Very good. And still, Spring....wish I could play with you more!!!

Here's a few pictures of happenings last weekend while at the boat and lake:

This was one of three wandering the marina parking lot looking for trash. Don't worry, they won't hurt Luna or I. Of course, I don't want Luna getting anywhere NEAR them. But they won't run up and bite us. They're looking for trash. Sad that.

Coyote At The Lake Parking Lot


Boat View


Coming Desert Storm


As I was coming home from the lake last Sunday and came over the 'Frenchman Mountains Pass,' also known as 'Sunrise Mountain,' this was my view across the valley -- looking west at the Spring Mountains. It was SNOWING at Red Rock State Park!!

Snowing at Red Rock


Spring.....love Spring.

Coming down the backstretch with Clapotis II. STILL on the 'straight' section with about 12 repeats at 106 stitches per repeat to go

Clapotis II True Color


THEN the decrease section. Hmmm, end of April at this rate. Poor Charlotte, at least it will still be perfect wear for the Northwest....at anytime of year. And it IS a gorgeous Sage Green color.

Close Up


Some people seem to knit Clapotis in a week. Me? Months. Months of knitting. I must be very slow. Or, too tired at night. But, I do CARRY it with me. Almost everywhere. It is a very well traveled Clapotis. Not even done and it's been to FIVE states already. It loves road trips. And it's quite the ham in front of the camera. Well developed and soon to be done!!

Super Model Luna w/Ham


Other than that....finally broke down and bought an iPod. Mostly to put audio books on. What a nightmare the software for managing your music and audio books 'iTunes' is. Still working on swimming thru Apple's idea of 'organization' with music. Drowning is more like it. Lousy way to manage music and other audio titles. And the audio books that are LEGALLY downloaded from the library can't be played on an iPod. Long story having to do with Apple and OverDrive and royalties and such. Bottom line: Screwed if you want to marry up your library and iPod. Go to a 'Creative Zen' mp3 player or something that is 'windows' WMA based. Just saying.......

Funnies: New 'Best of CraigsList' is up

Simply Recipe's "Shrimp Cakes"


Spiritual Law of the Day
The Law of Intention and Desire
"Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment. Make a list of desires. Trust that when things don't seem to go your way, there is a reason."

"I am just going outside and may be some time."
-- Captain Lawrence Oates

1 Comments:

Blogger Randall C. Shelton said...

YOU JUST DON'T LET UP DO YOU? WONDERFUL LI'L LADY. 'COURSE SINCE I HAVE EXPERIENCED THAT LAKE AND DRIVE BACK - I HAVE NO PROBLEM VISUALIZING. YOUR QUOTE IS MOST TIMELY,too. ah there I found the caps lock, heh heh.
I need some coaching - forgotten how to edit and add to my blog.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.