Saturday, June 24, 2006

Lawn Mower For Sale

Hehhehhhe. NO MORE LAWN!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West Side


Finally got this done!! I am SOOO THRILLED.

East Side


Hehhehhe. It's 107* out.....and I don't have to mow a lawn!!

Vitex


Ice Plant


Boganvia


Boganvia


Purple


More Purple


Red


I love Sam. I'm hoping he gets HUGE!!! I'm thinking he waves at my neighbors as they drive around the corner.

"Sam" Fremontii Cacti (Need to double check on species)


Desert Willow


Desert Willow & Rocks


East Side Again


Ice Plant


I so love Ocotillos. I might change Gloria's name, but that is just what came to mind, so there you are!!

"Gloria" The Ocotillo


Don't Remember


Below is a poor picture of a 'shoestring Acacia'....most because there is not to the 'shoestring' part yet. Give it a few years.

From My Front Door


So soft!!

Lamb's Ears


Fuzz


A lot of these plants will spread and cover quite a bit of ground!!

Don't Remember II


Cassias


And amazingly, this is a Ficus Tree. It has outgrown the atrium area by my front door. I love it so much. It shades the front door area so well in the summer.

Front Door Ficus Tree


I'm just thrilled with my new yard!! Unfortunately, Mr. Ike and I have had a falling out over the property line. I've had 2 surveys done and he hasn't had any. He basically told me he 'was just protecting his property' and totally disagreed with the measurements. I was totally devastated about it. Now, I just sad. Losing a dear friend is certainly is a high price to pay for a yard.

"God runs electromagnetics by wave theory on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and the Devil runs them by quantum theory on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday."
--Sir William Bragg

5 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

your yard looks lovely.. i wish my ficus looked like that. and i miss you too! you have to get up here sometime soon.

4:30 PM  
Blogger RVVagabond said...

Heh, my mom has a rake for sale in her garage sale; Denny and I call them Arizona lawn mowers after seeing them in use for smoothing the gravel "lawns" out west.

Your first picture of the "ice plant" or "I don't know II" is portulaca or here in Ohio we call it a "moss rose"-one of my favorites. And there's nothing more attractive than a full bush/tree of bougainvillea in full bloom.

Sorry to hear about your rift with Mr. Ike--I hope you two can work it out.

3:30 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Super lawn. Love those flowers. I have a bunch of flower photos from Darjeeling going up in the next few days. My friend Netta in England likes flower photos, so I try to do them for her. So ya'll come. We're more or less opposite...cool and wet, foggy and humid. Rainy. More rainy.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

don't remember number 2 is a portulaca I believe.

Love the waterless way!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the new lawn (or lack thereof) girl! It looks great with the plants. What does Luna think?

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.