Monday, November 13, 2006

The CO2 monster hiding in your wardrobe



I've given a lot of thought to organic food but not so much organic clothing. Meaghan O'Neill and treehugger.com is producing an interesting series for Slate's "Welcome to the Slate's Green Challenge: Your eight-week carbon diet" on how to finesse some organic changes and less CO2 production thereof into your daily life. I have been striving for 50% in the food arena, guess I'll have to start giving more thought to reducing my CO2 footprint in what I wear too.

I know there is organic yarn too. Matter of fact, I have some of Helen's 'wool' being spun as we speak. Somewhere in Colorado. I'm hoping to see it before the end of the year. It's from MY recently sold sheep "Latte," rest his little soul. Helen!!! I know you sold Latte and he is now probably CHOPS!!!! You are in so much trouble!!! Poor Latte. So named because of the color of his wool. A few summers ago, I tried to convince Helen to keep him and let him live for another year. I started calling Latte 'mine.' My sheep. He made it though 2 more summers. Helen!!! You are in so much trouble. Your husband, Jim, told me you sold him. Helen!!!

And on another note, twenty years ago, I had pumpkin soup for the first time. At a medieval feast. To this day, I have not forgotten how good that soup tasted. And every year, I search for the perfect pumpkin soup recipe. Haven't found it yet, but this one sounds yummy!

Simply Recipe's "Spicy Pumpkin Soup"

Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world.
--Pubilious Syrus (-100 BC)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.