Thursday, December 13, 2007

Blue and Me, Xmas Past



While wandering old holiday pictures I found some pictures of love! This is my last dog, Blue. I so loved Blue. He was a fabulous dog. A big and stout pit. Loved to cuddle. Had the best eyes. We went everywhere together.

When I was opening hotels and couldn't be home very much, my neighbors next door would come over and take him to their house. Jan called him her 'grandson.' He loved Jan. I think they had cookie parties over there. He controlled the couch. And the kitchen floor. Always on crumb patrol. When they had bridge parties and holiday parties, even if I was home, Jan would come get him. One of their friends even knit him a sweater for Christmas. He was one spoiled dog.



Blue is a distant relative to Luna. Same bloodline, same heart. They even look similar. He's very grey in this photo. I still love and miss him so much sometimes. One animal never replaces another. While now I love Luna with all my heart, she will never take the place of Blue. They each have their own place in my heart. They just add another but different piece. I still miss him.

Wow. Concerning me in that photo, I'm always amazed at how much different I look now from how I looked then. I'm thinking about going back to blond and short. Won't get the face back without a lot of money (gg -- really doubt I would ever change anything but the nose) but I had my hair that way for 20 years and loved it. But getting it done every five weeks was a pain. Maybe I won't....... It is seriously buzzed in the back. And spiked on top. Might be too hard on my face now. Or, who cares. I'm still undecided. Hmmmmm.........

THAT is my Christmas tree. The lights are small blue and green lights which don't show in the photo. Everything else is clear or silver. Stars, snowflakes and icicles. No regular ornaments. It almost looks like a frozen sea wave. I miss putting having that up. I haven't set it up for years. I think I need to change that too. Next year, my tree goes up! Who knows, maybe I'll be blond and short again.


Simply Recipes' "
Turkey Stroganoff"

What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.
--Agnes M. Pharo

1 Comments:

Blogger RVVagabond said...

What a pretty boy Blue was! And I love, love, love your hair blonde and spiky--it's too cute for words!

Tomorrow I put up my mother's tree--and start the fight with keeping Miss Patches out of it. Sigh.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.