Friday, November 30, 2007

La Lana Wools - Yarn Mecca

Ahhhhhhh, La Lana Wools. Located in Taos, New Mexico, it is truly a knitter's paradise. Sublimely unique. Very Taosian.

I always stop if I can. The place makes me giddy. It's like all too much good stuff in one place. Almost too much to take in at one time. I've been here before but even so, the assault on my knitting passion is like a ocean wave that runs straight through my visual synapses igniting some section of my 'the knitter's Brain' section which then promptly explodes!

Just One Of The Many Walls Of Color


Fortunately, there is also a humorous break if you happen to show up during Lynn's watch as shop keeper.

More Than Just Yarn


As I was telling Lynn I just wanted to bury my face in one of the walls of yarn, she promptly showed me one of her display methods for showcasing new yarns thus warding off yet another customer from becoming biblically intertwined with said yarn wall and thus saving face.

Lynn's Diversion Tactics


Lynn is a hoot. While she doesn't knit, she does design knitwear. Professionally. She is the second person I've met that works in La Lana Wools that doesn't knit. Which I don't understand but is probably the only way to walk out of the there with a full paycheck intent on the groceries and fuel bills.

Small Part Of The Wall Of Lust


There are many various kinds of wools and silks in different forms. Something for knitters, weavers, spinners and crocheters. Warning: the 'back-room' has lots of spinning batts for you spinners out there. Incredible colors. I'm just saying......

Curly Cues of Love


They do take internet and phone orders. But if you're within one hundred miles of Taos, La Lana Wools is a must stop if you're a fiber addict of any kind. But you should probably wear a helmet your first time in. That way it will be easier to collect your exploded brain pieces upon entry back into the real world.

Simply Recipes' "Indian Pudding"

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane
by those who could not hear the music."

--Angela Monet

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.