Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Knitting....Really!!!

STILL working on Ene. From Scarf Style: Innovative to Traditional, 31 Inspirational Styles to Knit and Crochet . Great patterns all around in that book.

I'm through the second pass on Chart 3. Fortunately, this shawl gets smaller as she goes. The color in this picture is pretty true to the yarn color. It's a gift for Helen. I'm a little late on it. Though I do try to get thru at least two rows a night....most nights I make it.





I am finally enjoying knitting Ene. I was having a hard time with the center stitch, but finally got a handle on how it works on the row. Since Ene is my 'brain' knitting, I do have another 'no-brain' knitting....something I can work on and talk or watch TV at the same time. It's 'Hunter.'

This is Rowan's 'Hunter' from the Rowan 'Summer Tweed Collection.'


Close-up of dropped stitches.


Hunter is a very easy knit. I plan on making a few more over the years. When this is one is done, it should look like this:


Additionally, I'm finishing a sweater for my Godmother. She knit it and I'm sewing it together for her. It's slow going because I have to do it at the knit shop, Gail Knits...because I sometimes forget HOW I'm supposed to be doing a certain stitch. Gail is great and will always get me started right.

Don't have much time for knitting, but I sneak it in when I can. Other than that, the only other news is Luna is still perfect. But I guess that isn't news. ;-)

Woot! My heart jumped when I saw the following!! Oh boy!! Yum!!! Prickly Pear juice!!!

Simply Recipes' "How to Cut and Prepare Prickly Pears"

Nothing is born, nothing is destroyed. Away with your dualism, your likes and dislikes. Every single thing is just the One Mind. When you have perceived this, you will have mounted the Chariot of the Buddhas.
--Huang Po, "Zen Teaching of Huang Po"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.