Thursday, April 16, 2009

More from the Desert Botanical Gardens & Chihuly

I always love visiting the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix, AZ. During the April, the deserts of AZ are in bloom and that includes so many things at the gardens. Chihuly's glass interpretations of a desert's splendour were just icing on the cake.

And while Chihuly's exhibits are incredible, still, my most favorite thing in the DBG is the 'Elephant Tree' also known as Bursera microphylla. I've been fortunate enough to even see them in the wild. I love these old wisdom trees. I even finally purchased one at right there at the DBG last year. Lovely!


I was amazed that this hanging piece didn't move in the 30 mph winds that were whipping about as we passed thru the gardens.




Wow. This one is huge! Stunning. This one might be my favorite.


Or maybe this one is my favorite.




I also love this one.


And again...fabulous.










A few even light up!


The whole garden, with or without Chihuly, is grand. Chihuly's exhibit goes on thru May 31, 2009. The DBG is open year round. They are even open late in the evening and have jazz on Friday nights. How fun!!! Some year, I'm going to get there for the holiday luminaries display. How cool must that be?

Today, my Nevada desert is cold. It's not even in the 50's yet. Our high yesterday was 58*. Next week, we'll be in the 90*'s. :::sigh::: The heat is almost here. All hot or all cold. :::sigh:::

Simply Recipes' "Potato and Leek Soup"

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life
when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.