Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ashes & Snow



Every time I see this picture I actually feel something like pain or love or desire. Feelings that seem to explode from my chest. From deep inside. A physical feeling. A heaviness. Sometimes it makes me want to cry....from love or sadness....sometimes both it seems.

This is one of my most favorite pictures. It's from "Ashes & Snow" by Gregory Colbert. How I missed his exhibition in Santa Monica a few years ago I don't know. How I found this picture? It was and still is hanging on a cupboard in Helen's house. I gasped the first time I saw it. And I've never let it out of my mind.

I recently found the online exhibition. You should first get a cup of tea or coffee and plan on a few quiet minutes of going thru. It's incredible.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.