Friday, August 21, 2009

Luxor At Night

Recently I did a really fun 'field trip' with the Nevada Camera Club. It's interesting to see my home town in a different manner...with a different eye so to speak....than I'm used too. As an almost-native (30+ years), I don't do much touring inside the city. This field trip had me out on the Strip at 11:00 p.m. taking photos with all the tourists. It was hot, jam-packed and fun.

We also had the opportunity to take photos of the World Market Center downtown and from a condo in the Panorama Towers. This is one of the captures I got from there:

Luxor At Night

Photo: Me (©K.C.C.)

Night photography is WAY more difficult than I ever imaged in Vegas. The lights get 'blown out' on timed exposures. But this, after some Photoshopping, came out pretty good I think. Of course, it looks better at the original size of 5+ mbs as opposed to 65 kbs. But, this is nice anyway.

Simply Recipes' "Tomato Pie"

Man, I really like Vegas.
-Elvis Presley

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger GD Poison said...

That's an awesome picture! Vegas has a tendency to surprise people with how beautiful and exciting it can look even with all the glitz.

Anyway just thought I'd let you know it was a great picture :) Have a great day!

12:38 PM  
Blogger RVVagabond said...

What a great shot! I have no clue how to do good nighttime photographs; I'll have to start working on that.

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.