Friday, October 15, 2004

Did I mention the splinters....

Did I mention the splinters I received while knitting on the plane to and from the American Herbalist Guild's annual conference in Waterville, NH?

kimsusunhelen.jpg

Kim, Susun Weed & Helen at the American Herbalist Guild's annual conference

No? Let me tell you....I had a set of Crystal Palace #11's that started to split and wouldn't stop. Do you know how frustrating that is on a 5 hour plane ride and knitting is all you want to do?? I think I filed one needle down to a whole lesser size by the time I deplaned. And the splinters....I scared a few plane mates with the unexpected yelp. Gail at Gail Knits kindly replaced the offending CP's with a nice pair of Addi's. Spent last night with the gleam of the metallic flickering away against the green shawl I'm knitting up.


greenshawl.jpg

Green Shawl somewhat done. Lion Brand's 'Homespun' on #11's

Away to photos!


foliage.jpg

Lots of RED and GOLD leaves

berlinwall.jpg

Helen & I at the Berlin Wall piece in Portland, Maine.

hjrancheaststorm.jpg

Helen & Jim's Ranch with storm coming in from the East (looking towards the backside of the Front Range)

hjranchhelenjimmy.jpg

Jimmy & Helen returning from Goat Duty

And, it appears I'm a ::::

Knitting Adventurer
"You appear to be a Knitting Adventurer.You are through those knitting growing pains and feeling more adventurous. You can follow a standard pattern if it's not too complicated and know where to go to get help. Maybe you've started to experiment with different fibers and you might be eyeing a book with a cool technique you've never tried. Perhaps you prefer to stick to other people's patterns but you are trying to challenge yourself more."

"Regardless of your preference, you are continually trying to grow as a knitter, and as well you should since your non-knitting friends are probably dropping some serious hints, these days."

Take the Quiz at Quizila

Have you read 'The Life of Pi' yet? Wayyyy to interesting and funny. It's about a boy and a tiger stuck on a lifeboat. For 226 days. Try and figure THAT out without reading the book. Hehehehhe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.