Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Your OWN Emergency Plans

Here are some links to start building your own Emergency Preparedness Plans:

READY.gov - '"Get a Kit," "Make a Plan," and "Be Informed," are topic headings.

FEMA: "Are You Ready?" Guide. Warning: After you go to this page, the link to the Guide is a LARGE download. It's a 204 page, 21 mb pdf download. You may need to start it and then leave your computer download it for about 10 minutes.

Emergency Financial Planning (EFFAK) Lists: http://www.ready.gov/eefak.pdf. EXCELLENT whether for an emergency or not!

FlyLady's 11 Points to Preparedness for Evacuation List.

Las Vegas is subject to flooding, electrical black-outs, water-stoppage, gas shortages/stoppages, and biological and nuclear attacks. I need a home-bound one-week plan, a local evacuation plan, a state evacuation plan and a house fire evacuation plan.

As a single adult with no family within 700 miles, I need to be prepared for myself and my neighbors in the event of an emergency. And those that I would count on far away from Las Vegas should know what I would do if there are no communications. Or, if I were to die, where my financial records and last requests are. They have no clue and only one of them knows my Attorney by name. While I have a some of my legal matters in hand, there are many, many ends left untied. Guess I'd better get a written, saved, printed out and shared plan going.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

It's a scary thing, preparing for disaster. But in the long run, you'll feel better about having done it.

Take care!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great links - lots of good information - thanks for sharing.

The FBS is looking good!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get planning cutie. We live in an earthquake area and have a plan in place including emergency supplies etc. in our apartment and both cars. We would not be able to use a shelter because they don't take pets so we have to be self-sufficient for at least three days. Family outside of British Columbia have all our legal info etc. I am also a member of the local "Emergency Social Services" team in the area so will be able to help others after I know that all my loved ones are safe. Being prepared for anything diaster is a good thing. Big hugs.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.