Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Clapotis Again!! And Fingerless Squares of Warmth!!

Yesterday's Free Gift from the Universe


Now that we have the 'important' stuff out of the way, I whipped up these babies last night for my 'hands of ice' since the house is averaging 67* - 72* a day. Without the heat on!!

HA!! You can laugh, but I have desert blood. Remember, 105* 'just ain't no big thang' for us desert folk. But, 70* starts to fall into the too cold for comfort as I sit at the computer in the morning. Now....hands of warmth!!

Fingerless Squares Of Warmth


Ahhhhhhh, not pretty but warm!! Soft. Warm. 18 stitches on a 7US with Lion Brand 'Homespun' acrylic. Warm!! My computer hands are now happy. And don't worry about Luna. She has a blanket that I cover her up in all the time. She likes 78* - 80*, so it's really cold for her now!! No fat, no fur, my little girl. Doggie sweater time soon.

More knitting news. I had to take a picture of my Clapotis because it's the first time I was able to wear it. I love how soft it is.

Clapotis in really-really-really bad digital color.


Clapotis In Poor Lighting
Pattern: Clapotis at Knitty.com
Yarn: Softwist by Berroco, Cool Red 9455 , about 7 skeins used I think
Needles: Addis, size 8

The color on this is a RUBY-Burgundy RED....I repeat a RUBY-Burgundy RED. The color has never shown up correctly on this blog. Oh well. And it probably won't for a while. There is NO sun outside. Weird.

I found Clapotis to be a wonderful pattern on which to learn a few new stitches. Also, amazingly easy to memorize for the most part. I used a life-line of dental floss a number of times throughout which, as a new knitter, really helped when I had to frog back.

The second one, currently in NON slow production is in black cotton. (NON production because HOLIDAY KNITTING is now happening -- somewhat.) And is now a traveling knit because it is FINALLY an easy knit for me!! How nice to be able to say that!! I was pulling my hair out learning on the new one. Now, it's easy. That is success!! And easy to do with the Clapotis!

I made up a Excel chart which is available at the Yahoo Groups Clapotis Knit Along under the file name ClapotisStitchNumbersFinal.xls to keep track of the stitch count 'cause I'm a stitch counting girl and have to not only mark off each row, I have to count all the stitches!! OCD, I know.

The NEXT one will be WAY bigger, in both length and width. I'll make it about 1-2 feet longer and at least a foot wider. Love working this pattern. And, so SOFT!!

Clapotis Shown In Better Color


Hey, WHEN is the next Knitty coming out???????????????????? It's almost winter already.

This is tooooooo cool: OneRedPaperClip. So far, this guy has traded a 'red paper clip' all the way up to a working generator. He's trying to work up to a house. Bet he gets its sooner or later. Amazing how humans work.

Go look at your planet: Animal Planet's 'Panda Cam.'

Simply Recipe's: "Roasted Baby Carrots"

We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet:
and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one,
excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us.
--- Maurice Maeterlinck

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Clapotis looks lovely!!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.