Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The FBS, Unblocked

FBS Done But Unblocked


I finally FINISHED knitting the Flower Basket Shawl!! WOOT!! Blocking won't happen until next week. I love how it feels now, and after it's washed and blocked, I believe it will only be softer!! All details on finally size and stuff next week.

Luna & The FBS


Luna looks lovely in the FBS!! She'll be FOUR years old tomorrow. What a fabulous and kind dog she is. I am blessed she picked me.

Desert Northwest of Las Vegas


Luna and I went hiking in the desert yesterday. Beautiful and warm with everything clean from last week's rain. I picked some Chaparral to share with a friend I'll be seeing on Friday. Luna ran and ran and ran and ran and ran and ran.

Luna at spring


There is a natural desert spring that flows to the surface in a number of places in the desert close to home. I'm surprised Luna didn't fall in. Hehhehhehhhhh.

Mistletoe


This Mistletoe will eventually kill this Mesquite Tree. Many of the desert Mesquites have it growing in large clumps on their branches. It's a parasite.

Clumps of Mistletoe On Mesquite Tree


This is the time of year to wander about in the desert. I love being outside during this time of year. The southwest is best in the fall I think. Luna and I visited Mom and Blue Dog while we were hiking and left them some Frappuccino and blessings.

It was a beautiful day yesterday in all ways.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger RVVagabond said...

When we first arrived out west, I thought the desert was barren, dry and unattractive. After seeing desert wild flowers and cactus in the spring and really looking at the desert in the fall and winter I've come to appreciate its stark beauty.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Brain would have been in that water and happily splashing. He's a water lovin' dog..

well...actually... he's just a lovin' dog. Period.

He was the one that picked out my husband, who was at a dog rescue shelter. 'Pup says he and Brain locked eyes within 5 minutes of 'Pup entering the kennel area.

It's been a case of true love ever since.

Good thing I'm not a very jealous type woman.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

The FBS is gorgeous! Can't wait to see her all blocked out. I wish I would have made mine bigger.

I've been in love with the desert since we moved here. It's beauty touches my soul like no other place.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS KIM!!!!! The FBS looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! GREAT JOB GIRL!!!!WOOHOO!!! I expect to see a picture of Luna wearing this soon ;-)

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim! I love the FBS!!! It's really beautiful--bet Luna loves it
too. I had to laugh because when I was at the farm last week, we were trying to remember how old Baby is! Anne said--well, one thing for sure is that Kim will know! She sure was correct! Now I know and Dean will too. That is a hoot. I had a little computer trouble so I had some catching up to do on your blog after my brother got me all straightened out. I really enjoyed it so much--
the 10 super foods and desert picts and lots of Luna of course. Oh yes, and that HAT! Very very
impressive and you are beautiful in it! I think you must be a hat person. Yummy recipes too. I'm sure I left some observations out but mainly want to convey how enjoyable it is to visit you. Vicki

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl the FBS looks fabulous.I'm imagining it blocked. It's going to be divine! And Luna looks lovely wearing it! Your in my thoughts.

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That FBS is lovely. Congrats, especially on sticking with it and slogging through.

The family is heading out to New Mexico in a couple of weeks to visit my MiL and I am definitely looking forward to getting some desert visiting in. After the mountains of New England, the desert is where I feel most at home.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.