Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Portland Yarn

You knew I wouldn't get out of Portland without new yarn didn't you?

Elizabeth Parseiwicz, Owner

Knit Knot Studio, 1238 NW Glisan Street, Pearl District
Portland, OR 97209 (503) 222-3818

Very nice little store with many of the usual yarns available in most other shops of the non-Joanne's/Michael's caliber. Elizabeth was fun to talk to and a fabulous knitter with many of her own designs and creations on display. I came away with some Rowan Kid Classic for a small scarf of her design and a couple of Lamb's Pride 'Worsted' for a fingerless glove attempt.

Yarn


The Lamb's Pride is Purple, not blue. Lousy digital camera color. Oh well. Not everything in life has to be perfect.

Not Purple


Here's a listing of local area Portland yarn shops courtesy of Persistent Illusion. There were many yarn shops I missed as I was tooooooo busy with the American Herbalist Guild's conference. Or, too busy eating -- here.

Whole Foods, Portland


Wow, now THERE are some colorful vegetable displays. The Produce Manager didn't like me taking pictures of how pretty everything was. I have no idea why. Whole Foods stupid company policy. Like pictures of these vegetables could ever be BAD???

Veggies


I have NEVER seen vegetables so organized. Almost makes you afraid to pick anything out. Let alone SMELL them. Hehhehhhhehhe. And for those of you who think I ATE lots of these veggies....WRONGO. Most every time I walked in here, I headed for the PIZZA counter. FAB pizza with spinach, tomatoes, and CHHHHEEEESSSEEE on a thin-crusted slice of heaven. And, did I mention the Creme Brulee'? Wow. Heaven. Did pick up some instant oatmeal for the room and a few pears and apples to munch between lectures. But kept coming back to Whole Foods for their pizza.

Stop wagging your finger at me....it's the 50% of the time rule......I didn't say you had to STOP eating pizza and Creme Brulee', just not five days a week. Unless you're at conference. Stop it with the finger already!!!

:::Simply Recipe's "Golden Beet and Pomegranate Salad Recipe;"
I suggest ROASTING the beets (yummy), not boiling them (yuck).

The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.
–Hada Bejar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.