Monday, November 21, 2005

Sick, sick, sick....

Luna on boat


I think somebody has beat on me with a baseball bat and made me drink acid and eat rocks

Got down to the boat Saturday night after having a bite with Sherri. Was feeling puny while we were dining then just decided to call it a night. Got the boat and Luna set-up for the night and crawled into my V-berth before 9 pm because I just didn't feel right.

Right as I covered my head with a sweatshirt because I was so cold, those damn 'sick' shivers started. Now mind you, I'm sleeping between two sleeping bags with a comforter on top of that. Wearing a pair of thin sweats. With the boat heater plugged in. Those damn 'sick' chills that shake you to the bone and you know, shit, I'm sick and tomorrow might be ugly. Moved my cell phone next to me in case I needed help.

The chills quit in about an hour. The next morning, I felt pretty beat up and my tummy hurt like hell. But I didn't have 'those' flu symptoms that can make staying on a boat sick, really ugly. My fab boat does have a head, but you know, it's not like the one at home. So, thankfully, I just felt crappy and nothing more has become of THAT.

But, I have felt so lousy, I can't do much else. Have some coffee, have some soup, let Miss Luna in and out, and that's about it. Try to find a comfortable position, because, jes, my stomach is really hurting. Kind of a dull ache with occasionally lapses of 'stop the acid now' symptoms. Arms hurt, computing not fun. Would like to sleep for hours but can't get comfortable enough to do it.

No knitting.

Yesterday was the anniversary of my Mom's death. Couldn't even do any writing about that. Cheated and put up a poem for her today. I miss and love(d) my Mom so much. She died years ago, the Sunday before Thanksgiving. So, while the date changes, I just keep it at that. The missing never stops.

My Dad died nine days later, the Monday after Thanksgiving. And, when next Monday rolls around, I'm sure I'll feel better by then; I'll hike up to where I spread his ashes in Red Rock and take him some cheese. He loved cheese.

Now, I'm going to eat some crackers and sit outside in the sun. 73* at the lake today. Fab weather, wish I felt better. Going to try to find that guy with the bat that keeps pounding me and ask him to quit it and offer him a cookie.

Luna is sitting/laying on top of the boat in her favorite, "I'm the Queen of the World and this is my boat," poise. It's a good day and I will feel better soon I'm sure.

3 Comments:

Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Woman, I am feeling sick today too. Started last night. Not good.

I lost my father and grandfather just months apart 8 years ago. I still miss both of them and the holidays are tough without them.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

My thoughts are with you, dear Kim. Tough time of the year for you. I hope you feel better really soon. My Luna and the kitties send you love.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

sounds like I'm in good company This seems to be the weekend to be ill.


Okay.


That's it. We will all be better before Wednesday, and that's an order.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.