Tuesday, November 15, 2005

STOP Verizon From Advertising On Your Blog

Luna

NOTE: 'Luna' was the only thing I typed into the message before I sent it from my cell phone to Blogger.

When I went to Blogger to see what the picture looked like, Verizon had added the following information:

"This message was sent using PIX-FLIX Messaging service from Verizon Wireless! To learn how you can snap pictures with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow/getpix.

To learn how you can record videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow/getflix.

To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime Player. Note: During the download process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download."

Now mind you, I'm PAYING .25 a picture to send it from my phone. So I'm PAYING to ADVERTISE Verizon. How wrong is that!!! Someone needs to hit them with a class-action lawsuit. I can't believe that Verizon believes that this information is going to make a customer happy. NOT!! The only thing it does is advertise Verizon. If you're not a Verizon customer, it doesn't even make sense!! Since when do I pay to advertise someone else? If it was a FREE service, maybe. But at 25 cents a pop? No way.

Well, I figured out how to STOP Verizon's advertising message from loading at the end of the picture and/or text messages!! Just type in, as the last text item BEFORE you hit send, '#end' (without the quotes) and you will stop Verizon from making you pay to advertise for them. No more Pix-Flix notes at the end of your mobile blogged pictures from your phone!!!

This will stop Verizon from advertising on your phone! This might work with Flicker and other moblogging and/or mobile blogger picture devices too.

Don't forget......'#end' (no quotes) at the end of your text and/or picture message to stop Verizon's idea of free advertising while you pay.

Great picture of Luna, isn't it?

Lake Mead Moonrise Last Night

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To my dear Kim.
What a pleasant surprise. I've not experienced a blog, b4. I'm glad that it was you who introduced me to the whole thing. Lookin fwd to havin you b w/us on one of your trips north.
(how'm I doin so far?)
It's late I'm signin off.
Love urblog.!
Randall aka dad

12:34 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

You are my hero for the verizon fix. It took me way too long to find this answer, I want to shout it from all the rooftops now!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.