Saturday, September 15, 2007

Toe Success

With the help of Gwen, who is a regular at Gail Knits, I figured out what I was doing wrong on my Magic Loop Toe Up start.

Now A Perfect Toe!


I was flipping the needles instead of rotating them. Figuring THAT out is the difference between a successful toe and one that sucks.

Tofutsies Sock Yarn Again.


The next part of the sock that will be driving me crazy is the heel. Remember, this is only my second sock. And my first attempt at Magic Loop Toe Up. ::Yes I am nuts::

So I'm somewhat hacking patterns together. This weekend I'm going to pick a sock out from Cat Bordhi's "New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One" to continue on with for the heel. Or maybe another design from somewhere on the internet. Or maybe I'll just keep hacking patterns together and hope that the Knitting Goddess is with me.

Sigh. The thrill of a sock on the needle. It used to be Cowboys and Beer. Strange how life's thrills change. I can't be dragged into a dance hall now. And comparing the price of a beer to a skein of yarn.....damn it's gotten expensive to go out and drink. Think I'd rather have silk and wool with no hangover.

On another set of needles, Rowan's "Sage" is getting larger. This is a no-brain knit so far.

Easy On The Needles



I should be hitting the decrease section soon.

Rowan "Sage" in 'Summer Tweed.'


And have you seen this? This man can knit the most beautiful things!


::photo credit - Brooklyn Tweed::

The Hemlock Ring Blanket over at Brooklyn Tweed. I don't know what Jared does better, knitting or photography. His site, his knitting, or his photos. All are incredible.

Somewhere down the line, I'm doing the Hemlock Ring Blanket.

Have a great weekend!

Simply Recipes' "Spicy Fig Orange Microwave Jam"

We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done.
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.