Thursday, December 18, 2008

Vegas Closed Due To Snow

5:00 PM yesterday was a MESS in Vegas. It was snowing everywhere in the valley. Most all the highways in and out of Las Vegas where closed at one point or another. Even I-15 was shut down for the night. And because Vegas has sooooooo many readers (said in all sarcasm), the libraries even closed early....at 5:00 PM. (WFT?) I kid you not.

Today is a 'snow' day. All the schools are closed. I remember the last time I had a snow day here.....I was in college. All these years later and we still can't drive in anything wet. The sun is out. YA!! Cold and sunny. And almost dry.

On another note, I thought I'd post a link to one of my favorite posts of 2008 from Miss Doxie. The post is titled, "Cookie and the Geese." Another favorite is,"The Dogs or Poop." And after that post, you may want to cruise thru her "Times I Fell Down" section.

Laughter is one of the best gifts we can receive. Thanks Miss Doxie!

Simply Recipes' "Cheese Fondue"

Oh look, yet another Christmas TV special! How touching to have the meaning of Christmas brought to us by cola, fast food, and beer... Who'd have ever guessed that product consumption, popular entertainment, and spirituality would mix so harmoniously?
Bill Watterson, 'Calvin & Hobbes'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.