Friday, October 23, 2009

The Wanderer



Look what I found wandering about at the Valley of Fire. This Tarantula was about the size of my palm and quite the fast walker. I had already used up both my CF cards shooting the Valley of Fire but, as always, had my Sony P&S with me. Got about 15 shots before I decided to let it meander on its way. It didn't rear up once which I was waiting for so I guess I didn't scare it too much with the black box zooming in about 5 inches away. Could have watched it for an hour if I had had the time.

While I RUN from other spiders, Tarantulas never seem to make my nervous system jump or crawl in the same manner as ugly, creepy, jaw-grinding little 8-legged runners of horror. YUCK.

One another note, we're going to be 82* today. We've had a beautiful fall so far. It is definitely the time to be out in the desert.

Simply Recipes' "Apple Walnut Gorgonzola Rustic Tart"

There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There's no such thing as life in-between.
-- Pat Riley

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger RVVagabond said...

That is just so cool! I keep telling Denny I want to see a rattlesnake and scorpion to photograph and he's all "are you nuts?????". *sigh*

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.