Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Snohomish Is Beautiful, No Pictures

I think it was 58* when I woke up this morning. Had to put on a sweater. The ‘Weatherbug’ said it was already 95* in Las Vegas. Funny how our Vegas Winter Weather moves up to Snohomish for the summer. Charlotte will probably freeze her little butt off this winter from having desert-thinned blood. That happens to you when you’ve roasted thru about five summers and your blood thins to allow for some pumping action from your pathetic heart at 115*. (Hi Heather-of-thin-blood!! How’s Chandler, AZ’s heat today???)

Seems I speak often of the weather no matter where I’m sitting. This past weekend while here visiting with Charlotte in Snohomish, WA, I listened to friends and family gathered and decided that man & womenkind often discuss weather and travel routes. Like religion it seems. And I’m pretty sure that the Ancients did the same thing in their stone huts. While we are a traveling crowd, even at home we discuss weather, like how can you NOT talk about heat in Vegas when its 118*. Or how cool by comparison it is in Snohomish. That 50* degree swing is chilly to desert rats. And then, good traveling routes and bad. Everybody has an opinion depending, it seems, on known (you live here) and unknown (have left my footsteps there yet) paths. Or things not seen yet (giant waterfalls or yarn shops are a given).

I’m planning on driving thru Yosemite on the way home because I haven’t been there yet. Or along the Columbia River while there is no chance of ice. Ice and Mountains are NOT a good mix. And everybody in this ‘family’ has an expressed opinion on which way to go. Makes for the drinking of wine more than entertaining.

So, you’re probably here for the knitting. HA! I’ve been doing about two rows a night on Black Clapotis and just LOOKING at the bag that FBS sits in. I’ve just been too busy doing other stuff and then falling into bed.

Take Monday night, I sailed until 1:00 AM. Yes. AND I have the pictures to prove it. Spent about 2 hours yesterday trying to get ‘Hello’ to load them up to Blogger. NOT a chance in hell it seems. Even this morning, no go on the picture sharing. I can’t even get ONE picture to load so you’ll have to wait until I can figure out what the stupid no-loading deal is.

But, let me tell you, I sailed with a GREAT group of people on a BEAUTIFUL boat. We went thru the ‘locks’ (I have pictures), we had sun and wind (I have pictures), we anchored and had sandwiches with wine at sunset and looked at the Seattle Skyline (I have pictures) and then we sailed again into the night (I have pictures) to go under a drawbridge and back thru the Locks at 1:00 A.M. (I have pictures). So, someday when ‘Hello’ is working again…..expect the Motherload of a downloading Fiesta of Sailing Pics to your Blog.

Until then imagine….Warm sun, needing a sweater in July, Perfect Wind, Perfect 34 ft. Sailboat, 5 knots or better, full sails – white and gleaming, BIG Tankers in the traffic lanes, floating logs (scary), Mt. Rainer covered in snow, really NICE and SMART people who are SAILORS in the truest sense of the word and a darling ‘half’ brother who set me up with this incredible gift of sailing. Blessings abound.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Smart lady to go where the airconditioning is free, and to take her beloved Luna too.

I loaded pics on my blog today, and it DID seem to take longer than usual.

Try again later.

Nancy

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that all sounds heavenly! When exactly are you coming home? It feels like you ran away! LOL! But it sounds like you are having a fantastic time!

Hugs to Luna.

Any news on MR. T?

4:34 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Uh huh...yea, that's it. Rub it in why don't you! :) I'm so glad you are having such a wonderful time while I'm dying out here! Just kiddin! Hey, at least someone gets out of the oven occasionally. I owe ya a few emails if I ever get to use the computer again.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you serious?

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.