Friday, July 08, 2005

A Wesley Buckaroo

A Wesley Buckaroo


Just go to the link Wesley buckaroo for an explanation. Tooooo funny. I don't need a cat, I can enjoy other people's bundles of joy!!

My FBS is screwed and will be frogged down to the life line. Which I FORTUNATELY put in (again) at the beginning of this repeat. Which is Repeat #8. See the tops of the 'leaves' on the left 3 leaves? How that right double stitch thing comes up right to the top and the top of the leaf leans right to join it?

Screwed


This is WRONGO!!

Wrong


Because this is right. NO right-leaning top of the leaf hooking up with the double stitch thingie on the top of the leaf here.

Right


See, on the LEFT side of the piece, all the tops of the leafs point straight up. Sigh. Frog. Thank you for taking 3 minutes to put in a LIFE LINE KIM.

Correct on the Left Side of Piece


Now I'll spend an hour frogging and putting it back on the needles. Better than frogging ALL of it. Sigh.

London: Everything about the bombings in London is a tragedy. The dead, the pain, the horror. And especially the fact that people that believe in the religion of Islam condone it as far as I'm concerned. I haven't seen one person of that religion or one Muslim nation stand up and say that they will help in the fight to stop the radical parts of their brotherhood. Or that it is even wrong. Yea, you get the 'one' guy saying 'THAT's not MY religion.' That all. Nothing but words. No ACTION to stop it.

They say it's not a part of their religion to kill other people but you don't hear about any Muslims as a group or as individuals saying they are going to help stop the bombings. Kinda makes you wonder about Muslims and just what kind of value system they have. And makes you wonder about the religion of Islam doesn't it? The Koran states that those that cannot be converted must be killed. Period. How's that for tolerance.

I'm thinking that those that are NOT Muslim may become much less tolerant towards Muslims and all things Islam too. Hmmmmmm.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do
because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.

-Susan B Anthony, reformer and suffragist (1820-1906)

4 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

love the quote!

The jury is still out on cat buckaroo. Part of my laughed my derriere of, and the other part of me felt kinda bad cause it seems to somehow rob the cat of dignity. But I have to admit, Bling Wesley is hysterical!

Sorry about FBS. I've finally got a grip on the fish tail scarf. I'm considering the book "Lavish Lace". You may have turned me on to another addiction!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Nothing worth doing is easy all the time...

I can't wait to see the whole project finished!

Aahhhh and I think you DO need a kitty.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had to frog the FBS back - that stinks - trust me been there done that (PAINFULLY) with the Shetland Lace Shawl and I'm still far from done :-)

The color of your FBS is beautiful - stick with it I'm sure it will end up being amazing.

The quote is fantastic, thanks for sharing.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great quote.

I'd feel remiss if I didn't point out that there have always been people willing to kill in the name of their god... in almost every religion.

The Judeo-Christian bible advocates stoning as punishment for adultery, and tells us to put to death those who would work on the Sabbath or wear cloth of mixed fibers. And yet, most of us manage to not actually want to kill anyone for those offenses.

There are wingnuts in every religion, some worse than others. I don't think that hatred will help root them out.

I hope I didn't offend, and good luck with frogging out the FBS. I had to tink out 450 stitches on my Birch last night... and the night before. I feel your pain.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.