Sunday, September 25, 2005

Mr. Tuttles From Outside To Inside

This time of year finds Mr. Tuttles working the sliding glass door daily. Trying and then succeeding to open and enter and check his 'winter' home in the downstairs bathroom. In and out; in and out. What a funny guy he is. Luna Woooes Wooes at him to let me know he's afoot. He trundles thru the kitchen and living room, sometimes doing a large circle to see what's new since Spring.

Mr. Tuttles Outside


Working His Way



By now, his eating has slowed down and he's not meeting me at the sliding door until the afternoon hours. He also starts to become much more shy and skiddish about movement around him. During the summer heat, he's like having a small tank out in the backyard; during the Spring and Fall, he's much slower and more mannerly.

Inside


I always know by Mr. Tuttles' dance of "I want to be in, no I want to out" that a seasonal change is upon us. I'm always sad to see him go to sleep for the winter but happy that he is a part of my family. He is a truly remarkable part of my family that is kind and amusing in a way that was unbeknownst to me before having him. I thought Desert Tortoises were kind of like slow-moving lumps. So not true. Mr. Tuttles always brings a smile and laugh to any that meet him. A family member that always bears gifts.

FBS -- STILL working on it. Sigh. I am so ready to be done with it and move on to other projects. I'll be starting the edging soon. Should I dye it BLACK? I love BLACK shawls. What do you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I'm way behind in blog reading and email, but had to stop by and tell you. We have a new addition to our zoo. Her name is Luna (because we found her on the day of the full moon) and we found her on our driveway. She is a desert tortoise and is just a baby hatchling that escaped from the neighbor's backyard. Fun, huh?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I love Mr. Tuttles! Someday, I'd like to come to your house. I have a feeling it must have a very peaceful and healing way about it.

Love,

:0) Nancy

7:48 PM  
Blogger RVVagabond said...

Whoever came up with the terminology "dumb animals" was a fool. This little guy obviously discerned a kind and loving heart in the neighborhood!

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.