Saturday, September 17, 2005

Harvest Moon Transformation


Transformation // Wendy Page 2003

Temple Poem

I thread my way, carefully, toward Temple.
I, and sister travelers – ahead, behind—
Quickly, here is a path
disappearing in tangles of history

There, make a new one
close at hand, close to home.


I, quietly, by the thousands,
step into a shrine of my own making.
I, and the multitudes of women who have slipped
silently away from the man’s ceremonies.

We dare to come
right into the heartbeat of Love
naming it Woman, calling it Holy.
We decorate the altar with mirrors
dance praise to breast and womb
as it was in the beginning.

As it is now,
the tabernacle is invisible
to those who cannot read our codes.
Sister pilgrims file into the circle,
a throng of worshippers.
We speak in tongues of song and drum
reverent before our own images
jubilant to invent our own litanies.


I have peered behind the inmost veil
and discovered a myriad of me,
spinning life and death,
mapping new ventures of soul.

I, and all these tribeswomen,
charmed with power to fire galaxies
spell-bound to each other and to the earth
as it evermore shall be.

--Bethroot Gwynn 1982

2 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

I've got you on my friends list at livejournal, though the photo doesn't come through and the lines are funny. No matter. At least that way, I'll know when you've posted. I really enjoyed the photos from the trip to Idaho to see the Dalai Lama, etc.

1:11 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

i was wondering if you made this illustration. coz its just beautiful. and your chosen poetry always leaves a striking mark. maybe you could drop by my blog sometime.. i mostly write my own poems and make illustrations too.
if you visit mine tho, pls leave a comment so i can link back to you. 8)

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.