Friday, November 25, 2005

A Very Thankful Thanksgiving

Me & Sheri, Thanksgiving, 2005


What a wonderful Thanksgiving I was blessed to have. Sheri, one of my dearest friends, hosted the feast this year. And a true feast it was. And will continue too be because I came home with some of the goods!! Hehhehhhhehhe.

Sheri and I have been friends for twenty years. I bought my first sailboat from her. She is an outstanding sailor who loves both mild and wicked winds!! A true friend with a gentle soul, she has been experiencing a very rough few years with many of those unfair and unfortunate side-swipes that life sends us. And yet, the song in her heart comes thru and her spirit continues to glow thru love, loss and grinding reality. I am the one blessed with a friend that always has space for me in her heart and on her boat. And, Miss Luna is always included to be with her dogs too!

We had five humans and three dogs at our dinner. The spread included both turkey and ham, the most killer whipped sweet-potato souffle pie, and spicey collard greens, plus other tummy tickling delights. We could not have asked for more of anything!

Dan Ray & Sheri


Dan Ray is a walking blessing in human-form that has been a friend to Sheri since before either were in this incarnation. They are old souls that have traveled many other roads together before manifesting in this life, now as if two sides of the same coin. His is a truly joyous soul that shines on all in his presence. Kind and true, gentle and thoughtful, he is a support in her life that few of us have....a real friend that is always there to help with anything that you might need.

Whether that be an ear, a hand, a truck, or a trusted friend to take care of your home and dogs so you can get away to be free for whatever you need to be free to attend too. There is never a thought as to whether things at home are well because all has been left in loving hands. But more importantly, in matters of heart and soul, he stands behind her as a trusted Knight in Amour, ready to slay down and throw aside those that do harm to her heart or lay shadow cross her soul. It can be said that Dan Ray is a true friend.

Sheri & Tracy


Tracy and John were also in attendance, yet I missed a picture of John somehow. Sherri and Tracy have been friends for over thirty years. While I don't know her well, I do know that she is fun to be around. She and John hung out at the house after dinner watching a Pink Floyd video of DSOTM after clean-up. Sheri and I took the dogs for a walk to try and move around some of that tummy food. We then watched, "A Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy." I LOVED the book and the movie was equally funny.

And the answer is still 42.

So, the holiday season starts. It's always a really rough week for me and even more so with Charlotte now being in Snohomish. She, Karen and Michael were spending T-Day together with friends at K & M's house, so all was well there. I'm waiting for emailed pics from there, but did get this by way of camera phone.......

Karen & Carol


Please note the aprons. I just LOVE Karen. She is SOOOO fun. The Karen Experience. Apron and high-heels. You go GIRL!!!! I would have been right there with you...the high-heels only for the picture, but I would have still been right there with you!! Really MISSED you all!!!

All in all, I am blessed. Today, yesterday and always I believe. It is a true E-Ticket to ride this planet Earth. I feel blessed to be here with the fabulous friends I have, be they here or there. Blessings to you all.

Plus, I have Luna!!!!! Heart of my heart!

Simply Recipe's "Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe"

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance,
chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home,
a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past,
brings peace for today,
and creates a vision for tomorrow.
--Melody Beattie

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

You spent the day with very good people. Somehow, even in pictures over the 'net, their "good" came through loud and clear!

Glad you're feeling better too!

12:29 PM  
Blogger RVVagabond said...

I'll take loving friends over dysfunctional family any day!

Loved Karen's heels; so incredibly 50s with the apron. You seem to have surrounded yourself with marvelously fun friends; how rich you are!

Linda

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Thanksgiving pictures!! Looks like such a wonderful time had by all and you look lovely!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.