Saturday, April 21, 2007

Knitting!! Color and Black Clapotis

Sometimes, I still knit. I finally finished Karen's Christmas present (Shut Up, yes I did). It's a house pattern from my LYS Gail Knits. It's basically a triangle neck-scarf made from Prism's 'Cool Stuff.' I'm going to add a tassel to the bottom point I think.







And then, there is the Black Clapotis. Also known as Clapotis III. As in it is my THIRD Clapotis. I am bound and determined to get this one done for summer. I've been working on this for a few years as I keep setting it aside to start on Christmas presents. And we can see how well I get THOSE done on time (just Shut UP...stop laughing and no snickering..stop it). It's a cotton yarn so it will be perfect for desert wear.

Photo+Black Yarn=Poor Sucky Picture

Black Clapotis


The link to my Clapotis Spreadsheet is here and on the sidebar. It's an excel file ready for download. It's the original one I uploaded to the Yahoo Clapotis Group years ago. Knitty has the original knitting pattern. Along with many other fabulous FREE patterns.

I have been trying to knit while watching evening TV and Clapotis is a good knit for that type of sitting. After figuring out FBS, that was a reasonable TV knit too.

I feel undetermined lace project coming on (I did so love knitting the Flower Basket Shawl) or possibly this:


Scarf and Photo by Dogged (Ashley)

I ran across this on Ashley's site 'Dogged' and just fell in love with the colors and pattern. The book is available at my library and I'm sure I can order the yarn on the net. Or maybe find something I like equally well in my stash boxES. Hehehhhe.

Pattern: Chevron Scarf from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"
Yarn: 'Socks That Rock' medium weight in Watermelon Tourmaline and Farmhouse.
Needles: Clover Bamboo straights, size 5

I just love the colors in this scarf. Very unlike me. It just seems I need to knit this. Maybe it's Spring or something.

And having just come the Botanical Medicine conference, can I please tell you to start or eat more CURRY. And remember, curry is a mixture of spices...it's NOT one spice. So, look for a blend you like. It helps lower your blood pressure. Of course, you can take many of these spices in a capsule but....it tastes so damn good when you find one you like. YUM.

And Copper, we need copper.

Health Info: "Why We Need Copper"

Tiger and Strawberries' "Broccoli with Five Spices"


"My second favorite household chore is ironing.
My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint."
--by ?????

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

I like the new shawl.. the colors are beautiful..now. How did you do that stitch??

I've named you a "Thinking Blog" by the way.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Ms. Kim! It's Susan in Houston. I sent a note to your accessnv address and it was returned :-( Will you jot me a note to susan@divetrip.com or susanjane52@hotmail.com so I have your address, pleeeeease?

I want to learn knitting! I want funky scarves, want to make stuff for the babies & Brooke & Kelly & me!

I think the quote is Erma Bombeck's ~ the woman who was so right on and could make us laugh til we peed our thongs :-O
xoxo Susan

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.