Monday, June 11, 2007

But It's A Dry Heat.....

Last time I taught an Advanced Scuba Course, I sat my students on top of the wall of the 'Batch Plant' which was in a depth of 100'. And it wasn't THAT long ago my friends.

Batch (or Cement) Plant


Amazingly, the lake is supposed to drop ANOTHER 90 feet this year! According to the most recent rumor, Lake Mead Marina is being moved in August. The sooner the better. I have 35 feet of water under my boat and we are losing up to 6 inches a DAY!

Even more frightening, the FACT that if we continue on with the current drought status and ongoing level of water use, Lake Mead could be DRY in 10 years.

Fortification Hill


I love sailing in the desert but it's very sad how the lake has changed in the last 20 years. Too many people using too few resources. So many people have such poor manners concerning other humans and then there is treating the lake as if it were a trash can. Stupid humans.

We now have 'Zebra Mussels' attaching to the bottom of our boats, marinas and the walls of the 'Narrows.' These will soon clog the water towers of Hoover Dam in addition to our 'drinking straws' that supply the water to Las Vegas.

Guess I need to get in and clean the bottom of my boat. Yuck.

Simply Recipes' "Grilled Chicken with Tomato Tarragon Sauce"

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise."
– Gore Vidal

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger RVVagabond said...

The drought is scary, but scarier still is the sense of entitlement that has become the norm for most people. They litter and abuse our beautiful country without any thought to the fact that they are ruining it for generations of others because they live in the here and now.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.