Friday, July 27, 2007

Just Stuff

Just a few things. Nothing important.

Blogger: I STILL can't tab back and forth between 'edit html' and 'compose.' Maddening that is. Even though I do bewitch and mangle my html often, I still like to then jump to 'compose' to see what it's all looking like. And I've spent MORE time at Google Groups trying to get answers concerning a possible solution. There has NOT been any good info there. Damn. And I just don't have the time to try to figure it out. Blogger has been a real pain since Picasa and Google changed things earlier in the year. It makes blogging much more difficult. Before it was sign up, upload photos, write and it all worked. Since Blogger came out of Beta (when Google bought it I think) it has been nothing but a pain. WordPress? TypePad? Nancy, since you are having the same ideas about Blogger no longer being fun blogging, have you decided which way you're leaning?

'MyBook' by Western Digital: Just bought the 500 GB to back up the computer and my 'other' backup. Since there ebooks and cd's that I just back up to the Maxor drive, in addition to the backup for my laptop, I have recently felt a HUGE need to get another backup. Costco had this baby for $170. I reformatted it to NTFS so that I could make a few partitions and have them bigger than 32G. It was only about 8 clicks to do that so it was SUPER easy in my book.

MyBook is now my I,J, and K Drive. All over 100 G's. One 'drive' for backing up JUST the laptop, one 'drive' for backing up the 'other' backup, and one drive to start using just for iTunes I think. While I HATE iTunes, I really just what ONE way to organize my music and books on 'cd.'

The Harry Potter series really brought THAT home. Some of those books are 20+ cds. And if I want to rearrange things on my iPod so I can listen to audio books in the car, well, there is some moving around of stuff on the iPod. So, in the next few days when I have some time, drive organization. AFTER I get one copy of the computer and the Maxtor drive backed up to the MyBook.

Knitting: I'm going to continue on with "Ene" I think. I had Gail at Gail's Knits look her over and she things that much of the edging will even out when Ene gets blocked. All my stitch counts are right so onward I will go. I took a Moebius class last week (I think I mentioned that already). The method we learned was directly out of Cat Bordhi's, "A Treasury of Magical Knitting."

That is surly TV knitting at its finest...after about the third row. Just knitting and knitting and knitting. Then there is Sock #2. I'm just about ready to start on the toe section so I should have that finished after the weekend. WOOT!!

Network Solutions vs. Go Daddy: I have a few true websites. Recently I decided to buy a few domain names to start up a few more websites that I think will have importance in the future. The 'main' URLs where already taken (parked) by someone else, but I did pick up a few in the .net and .org that I wanted. I also started the blog sites to match. Now, I've been a 'Network Solutions' customer for a long time. But I decided to go over the 'Go Daddy' to purchase a few of my new URL's and see how well 'Go Daddy' works. Let me say this: URLs at Net - $35. Go Daddy - $1.50 - $9. Guess I'll be switching all my Network Solutions over as soon as they expire. Wow, what a price difference. I haven't had time to compare everything, but I'll get to that when I have some free computer time.

Google and Amazon Ads: I am learning much about Google AdSense and Amazon Ads. How did Google pick 'aggressive mining stocks' for me today? I don't think I've mentioned stocks or mining in the past few weeks in my blog. How do they determine the ads to run? Most all of the Amazon ads always seem related to my blog content. But sometimes....Google.....what gives?

The Weather: It's 90* with 50% humidity. Please let me crawl under a rock. I'll take a dry 105* any day. Now over 105*, dry or not, I'm going to bitch. But this humidity is making going outside, even at 6 AM, miserable!!

Off to check the boat later today. Haven't seen her all since June. Hope she's still floating!

My summer 'no cooking inside for more than 10 minutes' continues to be bolstered by: Summer Express: 101 Simple Meals Ready in 10 Minutes or Less - New York Times

I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer. My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music. It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips.
~Violette Leduc, Mad in Pursuit

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

'Pup and I are thinking of going whole hog and getting our own domain. It'll only cost $5 a month on top of our DSL pkg with Oplink, and they've got some pretty good support and are offering some guidance to the deal. What do you think of Nancysgardenspot.com ?

I've not had any real trouble with blogger. I keep reading references to people having a hard time uploading more than 4 pictures at a time, but... hey. It's not a problem I've had, obviously, as I often post 12 or more pictures at a time.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.