Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pox On My Sock

The front (or back) of Rowan's "Sage" is done. WOOT!!!



This is an easy knit and it appears at this stage that it will be a tank that fits me. Rowan's 'Summer Tweed' is a somewhat bulky yarn. It might be too hot for full on summer wear but nice for those under 100* days. Like now.

Really thick yarn.


Now the socks. Damn, I'm having some continuing issues with these socks. Mostly because I'm new to socks I think. Cat Bordhi's "New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One" is NOT for a beginning sock knitter. At least not me. Its lack of detailed instructions is making me crazy at this point.

A Failed Heel Turn.


See these stitches? I'll be rippppppppping back yet AGAIN to give the heel another go.




Fortunately, Gail at Gail Knits has helped me keep going on these socks. But at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if she banned this sock in her store. She has unknit and puts the stitches back on the needle more than I have. I have had success in tinking back with other knits, such as my lace. But I'm not doing so well with the tinking back on this sock.

This sock is really trying my patience. I really want to learn Magic Loop Toe Up socks. But I'm not sure that Cat Bordhi's "Foxglove Master Pattern" is the right one for me to be using to learn with. Me thinks there is a pox on my socks at this point. Wish me luck.

On another note, I know that CFL's should be recycled because they contain mercury. And while CFL's are widely available, recycling them is minimally done at most places in America at this point.

Maybe HomeDepot or Wal-Mart will come up with a recycling spot in their stores as they sell so many of them. Wouldn't THAT be nice. Guess I'll write them a letter in that regard. Maybe you too?

Here's LighterFootStep's "5 Ways to Recycle a CFL."

Simply Recipes' "Chicken Bacon Roulades"

Man's mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original dimensions.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger RVVagabond said...

A pox on your sox--snort! Sorry to see you are having such problems, because I think the finished product will look great. The colors remind me of the petrified wood at the national park in AZ--I have a picture that matches them quite well!

Did not know about the mercury in the light bulbs, although they aren't something we use in our trailer. AC/DC type thing. But I've been using Earth911 for years to be able to recycle while traveling--very helpful.

I have no doubt that you will triumph over the heel.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.