Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Marching On With FBS

Luna Azure & FBS Posted by Hello


Thanks to some bright ideas from Wendy I've been able to get to Repeat #5 with hair still on my head. Mind you, I've frogged the previous 'total repeat' about 5 times!!! Per her suggestion of adding more markers, like anywhere I wanted (DUH), I cut up some soda straws into rings. Then cut the ring so I could place them on and off when I wanted.

I now add one at the beginning of each repeat so I can 'see' where I'm at within the pattern row. Since there are 60+ stitches on one side of the center stitch right now, this makes it easier for me to tell where the repeat stitches differ from the rest. And since each 'repeat' is ten stitches, it makes it easier to count. Jenn C. suggested to pay close attention to the "Slip-K2T-Pass stitches" since they repeat and stay in line most rows. That's a neat idea too.

I have been also following Becky's suggestion and only moving my Yellow Stickies 3 stitches at a time. You would think this would make it easy to stay on track. Well, not if your brain is also trying to do other things. Like listen to tv or radio. How can you have 3 stitches between the YS's and NOT remember if you did them or not? Brain dead with NO wine people!

Of course, this starts to happen after 10pm mostly, so I guess that means I'm not totally brain dead yet. I should just stop knitting FBS that late and move on to something that doesn't' require so much concentration. But I LIKE to knit late. Maybe another Clapotis!! Yea, that's it.........

Luna is very happy about the FBS moving along. Though she does wish that the FBS purred. She misses purring in the house. No more Tigger the cat. No VC the raccoon. Mr. Tuttles does NOT purr. He's a little too stately for that he thinks. It doesn't seem to be in step with tortoise marching, you know?

6 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Kim--I just moved to Las Vegas...how cool to find another knit-blogger in the desert! Would also love to chat with you about sailing on Lake Mead. Can you e-mail me at annie.tarbox at gmail.com?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Time to get another kitten! One that needs to be civilized by a large dog and a venerable tortoise.

Dog to teach her to love and the tortoise to teach her manners. Sounds like the perfect nanny situation... tho...I'd be very careful where I put any knitting project for a year or three.

Don'cha wish the East coast would blow some rain our way? Seems to me they're hogging it all!

12:43 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Awwww! Isn't Luna lovely? And Mr. Tuttles is quite the gentleman...er...turtle. Nancy is quite correct: A new kitten is absolutely in order.

As for late night lacing: I find it is the only time to work on it without getting interrupted by hubby, daughter or phone.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found my comment helpful! And nice work finishing another repeat.

My FBS was knit from a hand-dyed silk I bought at a local fiber studio - www.fiberstudio.com.

That is a lovely dog, and a very neat tortoise. My MiL lives in New Mexico, and has a family of turtles who live in her backyard. They're awfully neat.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do NOT knit after 9pm on the FBS. Repeat after me Kim... "do not...." GRIN.

10:30 AM  
Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

Sweet! Is that a sulcata? I have Wailey, a Redfoot tortoise. Aren't tortoises a joy?

I also used Wendy's suggestion with stitch markers everywhere, and it's a lifesaver! Your shawl is going to be just lovely.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.