Monday, June 27, 2005

FBS Frogged ALL Weekend LONG

Sara and I are knitting our way across what has to be the equivalent of the Grand Canyon of Knitting. You know, a HUGE gulf to cross with no seeming way of getting across if not for one baby-step at a time with Yellow Stickies and a Lifeline?



Hurmmpp. Ever have that sinking feeling? Like every time you pick up your knitting? Just when you thought you were 'getting' it? I've been having intimate relations with the lifeline I put in at the beginning of FBS Repeat #3. Lots of hot action both Saturday and Sunday night. Can I say I'm just not feeling the love here? I am so tired of counting stitches to see if I'm right that my eyes are crossing. Wouldn't be too bad if you could have more than two stitch markers in the work. But NOOOOOOOOO.

Since the pattern 'moves' with every row, I have to count every stitch when I'm done with a pattern row. Can you say, "Kim, do your Obsessive Compulsive actions show up anywhere else in your life?" Well, yes they do. And, no I won't share except to mention that Empty Jar Collecting is an Art Form in my house. Why? I don't know either. But I love Empty Jars. Especially Glass Empty Jars. I think I channel a Ranch Wife sometimes. Or a Clutter Dragon. Pick either, they're both true.

Yellow Stickies and I move three stitches at a time across a pattern row. And I still can't watch WORTHLESS TV and keep the stitch numbers correct on the needle. As I have mentioned to Becky, I can't even have ONE glass of wine and knit anything I have to keep track of!! Even and especially with Yellow Stickies!! Hurmppph.

I DID get to a point with Clapotis-In-Need-Of-Blocking where I could have ONE glass of wine and still knit. I'm not BRAIN DEAD yet. But that was 'cause by the middle of the Straight Section, I had DONE those same stitches about ABILLION times, so I didn't have to think TOO hard. Plus Clapotis has MARKERS every frigging six stitches.

I REFUSE to give up. I AM going to knit the FBS. We will persevere! Yellow Stickie Marching and all!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I'm going to be in a bed right alongside you at the FBS looney bin. I'm now at the point where you repeat and have no stitch counts at the end of each row. What the heck am I supposed to do to make sure I didn't screw up (which I did)? I need my stitch counts!

Ok, I'm losing it. LOL I don't think I'll be rescuing it out of the project bag anytime soon.

1:33 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Note to self: do not knit any lace that grows. will go crazy. stick to rectangles and squares.

Love the pic!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I'm getting a headache in sympathy. lol Now I know why I don't dance, avoid chewing gum while walking and never drank while I could still hold a needle to cross stitch.

I love the lacy shawl start. It will be beautiful!

Nancy

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Came here via WendyKnits.

I'm on my third FBS (don't ask) and the best thing I figured out for saving myself immense amounts of heartache was to pay a lot of attention to the Slip-K2T-Pass stitches, since in almost every row, they line up. I caught problems much earlier (like 1/3 of the way across the row) than I would have otherwise.

Just keep plugging - you'll make it through.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.