Friday, June 10, 2005

Clapotis Update

Well, I'm down the home stretch on Clapotis. I've started on the 'decrease' section. I've learned so much with this pattern and my knitting has really evened up. I think I'm really going to like this 'shawl' and it's the first one I'm made for me! I really like this pattern and will do it again for sure!

Clapotis Update


I worked out a excel spread sheet so I could keep track of the stitches which really helped. Since the stitches don't change within the main stitch markers, I found I only need to count the stitches at the 'ends' and add to the stitches (which are unchanged) between the markers. So in the 'straight' section you always have either 102 or 96 stitches between the markers. Just count the the stitches at the ends on both sides and add it up.

On the uneven rows (purl row) of the straight section you'll always have 106 total stitches; on the right side, 107 stitches. Always. This made it real easy to see where I screwed up when I did. I always put in a lifeline too. Which I had to use more than ONCE!! I still have my fingers crossed that all the stitches will drop but I don't want to do that yet. It will end up being pretty wide when I do I think.

Close up of dropped stitches


The color in the picture is not true to the yarn, but oh well. Sunlight true-color pics when it's all done. Here is one of Luna's favorite places to lay and watch all the things happening at Helen and Jim's San Pablo Ranch. It's the upstairs 'computer/guest' room and it faces East. That's the Santa De Christo's out of that window.

Luna's favorite 'watching' place


Living WOOL!!! Angora Goats. Organic wool mind you.

Goats at the creek


View at sunset.

Ranch sunset view to the SW Posted by Hello


It makes me happy to go to sleep and night and know there are still places like this in the world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on the Clapotis Kim! And I'm envious of the scenery Luna is watching! Such a sweet puppy!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

It's gorgeous, Kim! Well done! I will love to see it when it's finished and for you to model it.

BTW, In 1977 I used to have those shoe your avatar is wearing.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.