Monday, August 27, 2007

We HAD Rain! WOOT!

Rain, rain, rain. Yes! And boy, do we need it. Problem it, this is what happens when we, in the desert, get rain TOO FAST. Fortunately, all is well and drying off at my house. Which fared fine, thank you very much.

Mr. Tuttles' den is a tee bit wet on the 'porch,' but the interior is good and dry.

Just Notes:

Blog Photographs: I think my blog is taking WAY to much time to load because of the three slide shows I've added from my trip. The Picasa Web Album slide shows are great. But I think I'm going to just include a link to Picasa Web Albums and if somebody wants to see them, they can click on over.

While it will somewhat lessen the over all view of the trip on the blog, I think the blog will load faster. Has it loaded slow for you? Please let me know by clicking on 'comments' on the end of this post and let me know. Thanks.

On the Boat: Wrapped the wiring that goes from the batteries to the bilge around where the engine and prop shaft meet. Note to self: Kim -- NEVER do anything 'till you've had a LEAST 2 cups of coffee. It really wasn't my fault. It is an install issue from when it was installed before. Boring story, look away.

At this point it's been 2 days, a trip to Lowe's and finally a trip to West Marine with no working bilge pump and THAT makes a redhead slightly nervous. Because a boat ON the water would really like to be a boat IN the water. Just take my word for it.

Currently HAVE PROPER wire in hand. I did get the INCORRECT wire at Lowe's. Made trip to boat last night to re-wire. Realized I had the WRONG wire. Slept on boat. Woke up at 3:30 am to pounding rain on boat. Happy to be inside. Happy to see rain. Happy to hear thunder and see lightening. Still unhappy about incorrect wiring, but what the hell, it was a great storm!

Correct wire picked up today. Back to rewire bilge pump within 24 hours.

Knitting: Four projects at the same time: Yes, I am nuts. STILL finishing Black Clapotis. (Or Clapotis III.) Started Working on two tanks, one black and one rust. And, trying to start a new pair of socks. Toe up! Toe up!! If I can just get the things started off correctly.

Practiced a 'Magic Cast On' last night, while on the boat, about 5 times.

Knitting+Boat=Love.

I'm having a hard time trying to go from 2 circular needles to one. ::thhhthhtptttput and sigh::

No worries, I'll figure it out later. Sockssssssssssss......yes my pretty. MORE socks in my future.

Lots of other boring stuff, nothing of other interest to run up the flag pole here.

I'll get pictures from the rest of my trip THROUGH the Redwoods up later this week. I promise.

Oh, don't forget! There is a Lunar Eclipse tonight. Really it's Tuesday A.M. Set your clocks!

Simply Recipes' "Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage"

I gotta go. You know, if you looked up the exact opposite of "time management? It would be me.
-–Yarn Harlot

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger RVVagabond said...

Your blog, when it comes up, comes up quickly for me. Some of that was blogger the other day, some of it may be Vista. I'm getting a lot of "your page cannot be loaded" on the new machine. Vista or just innernet gremlins? Who knows.

I envy your rain. Sigh.

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.