Saturday, October 08, 2005

La Lana Wools

Aspens


I've often wondered why there only seem to be a few red Aspens in among all the gold. We know that that as aspen leaves mature, the green pigment engages in photosynthesis, converting sunshine to food and energy. The energy factories of green chlorophyll dominate all other colors. In fall, as the weather turns colder and with fewer hours of light, the green colors fade, and yellow, orange and red pigments — carotenoids and xanthophylls — are then revealed. Sunny days and cool nights produce the best spectrum of colors, with the reds really starting to show up. With seemingly, all of the Autumn colors to be found here........

La Lana Wools


This is a store that could easily make you leave home and sleep outside its door for want of incredible fiber.

Desk


Colors and textures galore.

Trouble


Incredible Trouble


Every color of the rainbow lives here. Knitters and spinners can be heard sighing as they stand in awe. Or maybe that's just me doing that.

Back Room Trouble


Back at the ranch........

Fun

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did any of that rich fiber make it back to "the ranch"? GRIN.

COuld you just take a movie camera in there with you next time and film your whole shopping experience so I can live vicariously through you plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz??? ::smirk::

9:22 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I was wondering about the red aspens when I was there. I love aspens. They look like gold in the sun in fall and in the spring I love the light green color of their new leaves. I even love them in the winter when they have lost their leaves and are so start white. Truly my favorite tree. I should see some this weekend! I was just at La Lana a couple weeks ago but didn't buy a thing!! It was a very traumatic day for me...and if you can believe it, I just wasn't in the mood.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.