Monday, November 01, 2004

Happy Birthday!!

Well, today's the day I'm technically another year older. YEA!! It's better than the alternative because there is still so much to see on this planet that is truly breathtaking. And magical. Awe inspiring. Humbling.

How about the ocean at sunset..anywhere. Or the smell of the desert after it rains. Birds. Sleeping dogs. Rice with butter. The softness of a rose petal. Love. Dark chocolate. The feel of a sailboat, catching wind, which you can feel under your butt. The 'knowingness' of many things which can't be explained, but is a part of your being.

Being underwater at 100 feet off the North Wall of Grand Cayman Island on my day off and swimming away from the island into the blue. Just me and the ocean at 100 feet. Warm water. Heaven.

Believing in things that I can't see and can't touch. Being a human having a spiritual experience or a spiritual being having a human experience.

Remembering my Mother and Father. Knowing I'm the last in that blood line and the genetics that came before me. Knowing that my life and death will pass unnoticed a few weeks after it is done. Hoping to get to Tibet in the next year.

Thinking about having pizza on my birthday. And knitting!!! Pretty amazing what we can do with two sharpened sticks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nyxxie said...

Wow I just stumbles across your blog and your birthday is Nov. 1st mine is too. Well happy late birthday!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


SparksPeople Quote of the Day

copyright (c) 2003-2009, soulknitting.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
All images displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners.
If you are the owner of an image that is displayed on this site that is improperly or inadequately credited, please contact me to make the necessary correction.